
I know all these pictures these last few weeks look the same, but for some reason I feel like I'm making progress to update...probably thinking it's my last photo pregnant because he'll be here any day. We have one week until our due date, but after our last appointment, I could go into labor any time. My mom comes Wednesday, and she's praying Baby Rhett will wait until then, but it is a weird situation to think he could be here any time.
Last Sunday Rhett thought I would for sure go into labor. I had to work, and he called me a few times to ask how far apart my contractions were...and of course it was only wishful thinking. I got home that morning and Rhett had packed me a bag for the hospital sitting next to the car seat by the front door. Later that day I was quizzing him on how well he packed my bag and asked: "Did you remember rubber flip flops for the community shower?" He said he had shower sandals, but they weren't flip flops--the rubber shoes from Hawaii. I was so impressed I had to stop there, he did a great job packing for me.
These last few days have seemed kind of surreal for us. We were talking how we've each been hesitant to really count on bringing a baby home since our previous two pregnancies didn't result as we'd hoped. We've been on our guard through the whole process, but as it gets closer we are allowing ourselves to get excited and anticipate the joy of having a child, which always seemed like a distant dream for us. I think for Rhett, he's getting nervous about the delivery just wants the baby here and safe with us so he can stop being paranoid about how many times an hour I felt him kick. We feel like we've been holding our breath for 9 months and look forward to finally bringing home our son--how wonderful it will be!!!
Last Sunday Rhett thought I would for sure go into labor. I had to work, and he called me a few times to ask how far apart my contractions were...and of course it was only wishful thinking. I got home that morning and Rhett had packed me a bag for the hospital sitting next to the car seat by the front door. Later that day I was quizzing him on how well he packed my bag and asked: "Did you remember rubber flip flops for the community shower?" He said he had shower sandals, but they weren't flip flops--the rubber shoes from Hawaii. I was so impressed I had to stop there, he did a great job packing for me.
These last few days have seemed kind of surreal for us. We were talking how we've each been hesitant to really count on bringing a baby home since our previous two pregnancies didn't result as we'd hoped. We've been on our guard through the whole process, but as it gets closer we are allowing ourselves to get excited and anticipate the joy of having a child, which always seemed like a distant dream for us. I think for Rhett, he's getting nervous about the delivery just wants the baby here and safe with us so he can stop being paranoid about how many times an hour I felt him kick. We feel like we've been holding our breath for 9 months and look forward to finally bringing home our son--how wonderful it will be!!!
1 comments:
Jessica! It's Naomi Reid (now Davis) from old school URB. Yes, I found your blog through Kelly's and could not believe it! Congrats! You look great and I'm so happy for you and your husband. Keep in touch and please tell your mom and Lynette hello for me!!!
7 8xo
Naomi
Post a Comment