We had another ultrasound yesterday and it was really exciting for us.
Baby Rhett is head down and he's measuring normal for his gestational age, except his head circumference which measures 1 1/2 weeks bigger than his age. So I guess he got his Dad's huge cabeza! From the measurements they estimated he weighs about 4lb 14oz. At first I thought that seemed big considering we have 6 1/2 weeks to go, but on the chart, he was right on average. So hopefully he won't be 10 lb and have a huge head, I don't know how my pelvis will like that.
But the best part was toward the end, our Dr. was trying to give us a profile of him, and she first commented on his "full, round, cheeks" yet again, inheriting his Dad's chubba chubba cheeks, then pointed out Baby Rhett was sucking his thumb! It was really cute and both Rhett and I marveled as we watched his chubby cheeks suck in and out on the monitor. It's slowly becoming a reality, that we have a little person in there with a unique personality and preferences, and that we will be responsible for his well being...exciting but daunting.
BLUE: outline of RJ's profile
YELLOW: outline of his hand with his thumb in his mouth
I'm not the best artist with a mouse, so hopefully this isn't completely lame with my outlines on the sonogram.
2 comments:
that's a great ultrasound pick, you need to send me the original one ok! I am getting so excited about RJ, I can't wait to meet him!
7 8That is so adorable that he is sucking his thumb! I'm so sad I'm not living closer to you. I miss you so much!
7 8Post a Comment