
Just finished this painting for RJ. It's from one of my favorite books as a kid, My Father's Dragon. I based all the animals on the illustrations from the book. I was excited to make something to go along with the jungle/ safari theme, and also to make create a scene from one of my own favorite childhood stories. It's the first attempt I've make to paint a canvas, and I was happy with the turn out.
I tried to give extra attention to the warthog, since that was Loy's nickname for Rhett when he was a little kid. It will be interesting to see if RJ will have the same warthog characteristics or if he'll be more long and skinny like the boys in my family. I guess then he'd be more of a giraffe than a warthog.
1 comments:
Wow Jessica, it's great! Really, you did an awesome job!
7 8Post a Comment