Monday, March 10, 2008

6 Week Countdown


We're 34 weeks along, only 6 weeks left until the due date!! As you can see, I am ginormous. This right before church and I was exhausted. Working full time and being so pregnant would make me tired, but I think having to work 12 hour shifts and nights is making it harder for me. Working nights is kicking my trash. But only 18 more shifts to go!! I am counting down, I will be really excited when I can be done and go back to normal sleeping hours.
My greatest discomfort is not being able to breathe with carrying him so high. Overall I've been really blessed, I keep expecting my back to kill, but it has been OK, and I feel relatively good.
Rhett has this week off school for Spring Break and we were able to go to Columbia, MO--the big city 1 1/2 hours away to go to Target to buy the last of the baby stuff we need. It was kind of weird to buy baby wipes and diapers, we put these items until the end so now we have everything on the list and we're realizing how close we are to becoming parents.
Yesterday we had a birth class from the hospital. The majority of it was lame-o so we only went to half. The main things we went for was the tour and list of items to bring because this hospital is kind of crappy--you have to bring your own baby wipes. They use gauze 4x4s to save money, so the newborns have raw butts unless you bring your own wipes. So we were glad to know to bring our own supplies. Also there's a chance I'll have to have a roommate, and the whole OB floor only has 2 community showers. So needless to say, I'm hoping to have the baby and get out of there as soon as possible.

1 comments:

Jared and Leslie said...
1 2 3 6

Jess, you look so beautiful! I know this last stretch is the worst not being able to breath or bend or stand or sleep :) you can do it!!! and once you have him your favorite thing will be to lay on your bell again, Oh and give Rhett sr. a real hug :) love you so much!
Leslie

7 8