Saturday, February 9, 2008

Only 10 weeks to go!

One more week down! A lot of people have said "You look really small from the front...but then I see you from the side." Should I be offended? I guess I should have expected it, just like my mom. And these latest pictures of us after a luau party seem to give me an idea of what they mean.
No one has asked me if it is fake yet, so I guess I may get that like my mom did.
It's been kind of funny the last couple weeks because for some reason, everyone thinks a pregnant belly is public property. I'm not out and about too much since I work nights and stay on a nocturnal schedule, but I had to work on a different floor the other night and a nurse whom I barely know, basically I have to talk to her on the phone to notify her of her patient's heart issues, but we've never talked or anything. I walked in the nursing station and she turned and grabbed on my belly with both hands and said: "I had no idea you were expecting!" I was kind of taken back because I was wearing a t-shirt and a puffy vest, so she had to put her hands inside my vest--awkward. I kind of wriggled back out of her two handed grasp and continued the conversation. But I never realized I needed to dodge random people latching on to my belly--it's not a basketball I'm passing around people!!!

2 comments:

Marcello said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marcello said...
1 2 3 6

Mamma mia che pancione!(Oh my gosh what a belly!)
I can't wait for the baby to be bourne!
A big hug to the three of you

7 8