With all the unpleasant changes that can thwart a woman's body from pregnancy; weight gain, hair growth, stretch marks, acne, hemmoroids, varicose veins, increased foot size, etc. I've been surprised to find what freaks me out the most is the impending surfacing of my belly button.
I've always been an "inny" and at 27 weeks it has stretched flat. As my belly grows bigger, it's been quite exciting and I've actually quite enjoyed it. But there's this little bit that disgusts me...the emerging navel. It just doesn't seem natural to see it like this.
I didn't expect to be so paranoid about my belly button changing from concave to convex, but I dread it. Petty? I agree. I never realized I was obsessive about my belly button staying inside. Rhett teases me about it and I know in my head it will go back and of all the things that can/will happen to my body, this is the least significant or permanent. But it is creepy!
I guess if I'm so preoccupied with this small thing, all the rest should seem but mere trifles.
By the way, the pic isn't me, I've got 3 months to go and I'm sure I won't have a flat belly button for too much longer.

0 comments:
Post a Comment