As we guess whether our first child will be a boy or a girl, we obviously don't know...but Rhett says it is a boy and since he is the one that determines that, I would trust his fatherly intuition. As for me, I don't know. Either would be welcome and I thought I would have some intuition, but I don't...I tend to say "he" though. It is exciting with the first child because you don't really care either way, just pray it is healthy!
Rhett is extremely excited. I do enjoy being pregnant because he goes into "protective future father" mode and treats me like glass and I get pampered. For some reason he is crazy in love when I'm pregnant and doesn't leave my side. He follows me around. If I am at the computer, he sets up his studying material on the floor next to me, if I move to the living room, he relocates all his stuff. I was out with friends and he called to see when I'd be back, and jumped up when I got home and said he was glad I was finally home, he was missing me like mad. It seems logical that for 9 months I am getting the affection and love for both myself and the baby from Rhett. He always does a good job of showing he loves me all the time, but I have to admit I love getting double doses of adoration, and I love to see him so excited to be a dad.
There's probably never another time in my life where my getting fat, tired, swollen, and grouchy will make my husband so blissfully happy and eager to be by me all the time. Got to love that!
Funny memory:
When we were hanging out daily, but hadn't confessed our crushes--it was a long stage-- anyway, one night we were all playing cards and we started talking about how it was weird for those guys that come home from missions, get married right off and have kids. The group conversation was kind of looking negatively on those life decisions and Rhett objected: "I'm jealous of those guys." He got more passionate and pounded his fist on the table--"I want babies!" The group laughed and gently teased him but deep inside I melted and was impressed with his deep aching to be a dad. And now I'm so glad my kids will get to have Rhett as their dad!
Man, this post has ended up really mushy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment