I don't know why, (maybe because Natalie, my best friend out here has twins) but since I found out I was pregnant, I've been contemplating the possibilities of me being pregnant with twins. The chances are slim, I do have two aunts who both had twins, but I've heard fraternal twins go through the maternal side, and the only set of twins from my mom's side I'm aware of was from my aunt Sharon.
I think getting news that I'm having twins would be bitter-sweet. Seeing how fun it is to have your baby have a buddy and also, to be able to have 2 kids with one pregnancy makes me excited at the idea. But the thoughts of all the twin paraphernalia and work, especially in the early months makes me glad the chance isn't likely.
But if I were to find out I was having twins, God couldn't have prepared me any better than he has. The last year I've been able to help Natalie and her little babies. They moved to Kirksville when they were 10 weeks old and I jumped in as make-shift nanny here and there and so I feel like I would have a very clear idea of what having twins would require. But more importantly, Heavenly Father would have prepared me the most by allowing me to watch Natalie in action. She is an amazing mom and I've learned so much by being around her and the twins and observing her.
So if I am pregnant with twins, I'd say God did a great job to prepare both Rhett and I by the blessing it's been to babysit Max & Jonnie and interact with the whole Jensen family.
1 comments:
Jess, that is possibly one of the nicest things anyone has ever said--my kids love you are Rhett so much and we are so blessed to have you in our lives!
7 8Post a Comment