This Thurs. is our first appt. I imagine the Dr. will have an ultrasound performed due to our previous history. At that point I will be 3 days shy of 6 weeks. The heart begins beating in normal gestation during the 21st day after conception. This means that if I ovulated by the books, there should be a heartbeat this Thurs. But if I ovulated later in my cycle, it will be normal for the fetus not to have a beating heart at that point. Already I'm anxious because likely the heart won't be beating because it will be too early, but part of me is dreading the ultrasound and and the possibility of seeing yet another baby motionless on the screen when it should be pulsing with life.
Today I actually realized whether the heart beat or not in my previous pregnancies, I never had a chance to see it. Every ultrasound I've ever had has reaped terrible news, which is probably why I am nervous.
0 comments:
Post a Comment