Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grandpa's Hands

My Grandpa Kelly has huge hands. My dad has the same hands. One of the first things my mom noticed when RJ was born were his hands--the same large mits passed down from his great-grandpa to his grandpa, to him. (I'm glad I didn't have man hands, but just passed it on...if you've seen Seinfeld you'll know what I mean) My Grandpa earned this ring for his oil business when he sold 1 million gallons. He gave it to my dad because the ring is huge--size 12. My dad told RJ he could have the ring when he's grown since he'll have the same huge hands.
My dad's hand with baby RJ's This is one of my favorite photos of my dad (age 2) on my grandpa's knee.
I love that you can see their huge hands.
RJ trying on the ring for the future

My greatest regret was not getting a picture of my grandpa, my dad, and my son all together with their huge hands before my Grandpa died, I guess we'll just have to remember.

0 comments: