
RJ was walking in our bedroom and fell over, smacking his mouth on the running board of our bed. It popped his lip open. He screamed, I notice blood dripping down his face on his shirt, and saw the big gash. It was deep and long so I knew he'd need stitches. Poor little guy.
He was pretty calm the whole way to the hospital and through triage. He was happy even when they restrained him. They placed the sterile dressing over his face and the ER tech held his head still and he wasn't crying, but starting to get nervous. But when they gave him the shots to numb the area, he howled and fought. He did a good job and ended up with 6 stitches. It cut through the vermillion of his lip, so hopefully the ER physician did an OK job lining it up. It's looking better, I couldn't get a good photo of it, he was running around having fun all night. It really hasn't affected him at all so that is good.
My dad said the scar will make him look like a tough bulldog now...or maybe just a junk yard dog.
It's sad to see your baby in pain.
Apparently they think it was a puncture of his tooth through his lip and cheek.
3 comments:
Poor RJ! He sounds like a tough little guy! I hope it heals up nicely!
7 8Oh I'm so sorry to see that! He looks really bumbed in that picture. Please tell me he was wearing the 70th's shird and now it's ruined because of the blod stain! In this way there would be a bright side of the story. :-)
7 8wow that was bad, good job not freaking out!
7 8Post a Comment