It seems like the last couple weeks the eternal responsibility of being a mother is settling in as I've been considering how in the world God would trust us with precious little babies.
I look at my son and see his innocence and purity as one of God's children and then I consider the environment, situations, and influences he'll face growing up in a ever growing sinful, corrupt world. I am anxious for his future, hoping he can choose God and joy. I know I can't protect him from these things. He will live beyond my immediate influence the majority of his life, so I try to focus on preparing him with skills and tools to recognize truth and light for himself when I'm not there. I think I underestimate the strength of these precious babies and children being born. God is merciful and just--He wouldn't have given life to souls that couldn't withstand the temptation in their future, and I have faith God wouldn't have given this baby boy a mother that didn't have the ability to teach him what he needs to fulfill God's expectations of him.So in looking ahead and dreading what my kids will face, having faith in RJ's spiritual strength gives me faith in myself that some how, some way, there's a chance my mothering can be adequate. That my son can become the man God sees in him.
I'm sure I'll always feel guilty I'm not doing enough and I'm not doing my best...I think that is unavoidable as a mother, or so it seems, but one can always hope in the end it will have been enough.
1 comments:
Beautiful post Jessica. R.J. is so blessed to have a Mommy that is thinking of this & that realizes the huge responsibilty that God has bestowed upon her & blessed her with! You are doing a great job with R.J. no doubt. I am sure God is smiling! Jen P.
7 8Post a Comment